Non Profit Resource Center
Grant Database Trainings for October:
- October 20, 12:30- 1:30 pm (Grant Database Tutorial for Non Profits). Register at http://bit.ly/1ur1K7d
- October 21, 10:30- 11:30 am (Introduction to Grant Seeking for Individuals). Register at http://bit.ly/1mPJ9bb
Grant Database Trainings for November:
- November 17, 12:30- 1:30 pm (Grant Database Tutorial for Non Profits). Register at http://bit.ly/1nYp2z4
- November 18, 10:30- 11:30 am (Introduction to Grant Seeking for Individuals). Register at http://bit.ly/1nYp6ii
Grant Database Trainings for December:
- December 15, 12:30- 1:30 pm (Grant Database Tutorial for Non Profits). Register at http://bit.ly/1t1fwgq
- December 16, 10:30- 11:30 am (Introduction to Grant Seeking for Individuals). Register at http://bit.ly/1rUhaga
Or call us at 860-447-1411 to register .
Requesting Bequests: How to Acquire Legacy Gifts
Tuesday, October 14, 2014
9:00-9:30 AM Coffee and Registration 9:30-11:30 AM Program
When surveyed, most people say they would consider leaving a gift to charity in their will. In reality, only 1 in 20 actually does. Why not? Nonprofits never asked or established the strong relationship necessary to deserve to be written into a will. Join us for this highly-informative, workshop where you will discover how to successfully request bequests and raise money for your nonprofit organization.
Presenter: Rick Schwartz (www.SchwartzTalk.com), who has worked closely with charitable people, foundations, and nonprofits for 40 years. He is also the editor of the Connecticut Council for Philanthropy’s Philanthropy Digest.
Please call 860-447-1411 ext 3 or register online at http:/bit.ly/Bequest
Shoot & Edit Video with your Smartphone
Monday, November 3, 2014
8:30-9:00 AM Coffee and Registration 9:00-12:00 PM Program
Learn best practices on how to shoot video with either an iPhone or Android device. Then get training to use the free editing software you probably already have on your laptop. You’ll discover some simple editing techniques for the free Apple iMovie or Windows Movie Maker.
Presenter: Paul Frega, a 30- year video professional will show you how to shoot the best video with your phone, and the easiest ways to edit it together. The goal will be helping you produce video that your nonprofit or business can showcase on its website . Please call 860-447-1411 ext 3 or register online at http:/bit.ly/videoPLNL
How to Build Your Organization’s Dashboard
Monday, December 8, 2014
9:00-9:30 AM Coffee and Registration 9:30-12:30 PM Program
Does your Board require more relevant information in the future? This workshop will assist you, your staff, and board members discover the power of dashboards. Help your Board hold better discussions, have more efficient meetings, and make better decisions.
Presenter: Sharon J. Danosky, founder and president of Danosky & Associates, has dedicated her career to working with not-for-profit organizations. As both a consultant and a senoir executive for numerous charitable organizations, she has transformed organizations into highly effective charities of choice in their communities. Please call 860-447-1411 ext 3 or register at http://bit.ly/dashboardPLNL
Please call 860-447-1411 ext 3 or register online at http:/bit.ly/dashboardPLNL
What Is the Center?
The Public Library of New London, in partnership with the Foundation Center, is pleased to be able to offer a Non Profit Resource Center to the hundreds of non profits in the area. We offer:
- Access to information on 100,000 grantmakers and 2.3 million grants through the Foundation Center Online Databases.
- A variety of non profit literature including periodicals and books on topics ranging from non profit management, to marketing, to social media, to finances, to grant writing and fundraising.
- Monthly workshops and networking events designed to help non profits better fulfill their mission.
“I just have to let you know how much I got from your presentation [Finding Funding Database Tutorial] last night. You were slow paced, clear and concise in your delivery and I was able to follow along without panicking or being discouraged. Thank you so much.” - Louise Fabrykiewcz, Save Ocean Beach
“Thank you for doing the work to provide this morning’s Social Media Workshop. Anne’s presentation and handouts came at just the right time for me as I was wondering how to bring social media into our planning process. I will be signing up for both sessions on October 12.” – Lou Allyn, Mystic River Historical Society