Non Profit Resource Center
What Is the Center?
The Public Library of New London, in partnership with the Foundation Center, is pleased to be able to offer a Non Profit Resource Center to the hundreds of non profits in the area. We offer:
- Access to information on 100,000 grantmakers and 2.3 million grants through the Foundation Center Online Databases.
- A variety of non profit literature including periodicals and books on topics ranging from non profit management, to marketing, to social media, to finances, to grant writing and fundraising.
- Monthly workshops and networking events designed to help non profits better fulfill their mission.
Tuesday, May 20, 2014 10:00—12:00 PM
9:30-10:00 AM Coffee and registration
Refresh and revive your online professional persona. In today’s world of social media, it is more important than ever to ensure that your online profile and resume are fresh, current, and discoverable by your colleagues. LinkedIn is a critical piece of this networking. This class will teach you how to create a LinkedIn profile, how to search and make connections, and how to find job openings.
Carol Mon is a LinkedIn trainer and author of the book A Guide to Networking for Introverts, From Icebreaking to Deal Making.
To register: Click www.bit.ly/LinkedinPLNL
IMPORTANT: You must have a LinkedIn account or visit www.linkedin.com to set up an account prior to taking this class.
Non Profit Resource Center Grant Database Trainings for June :
- June 10, 10:30- 11:45 am (Grant Database Tutorial for Non Profits). Register at http://bit.ly/NPRCJune
- June 16, 12:30- 1:45 pm (Introduction to Grant Seeking for Individuals). Register at www.bit.ly/GTIOJune
Non Profit Resource Center Grant Database Trainings for July :
- July 14, 12:30- 1:45 pm (Grant Database Tutorial for Non Profits). Register at www.bit.ly/NPRCJuly
- July 22, 10:30- 11:45 am (Introduction to Grant Seeking for Individuals). Register at http://bit.ly/QBe1Da
Call us at 860-447-1411 to register .
Non-Profit Resource Center Library:
“I just have to let you know how much I got from your presentation [Finding Funding Database Tutorial] last night. You were slow paced, clear and concise in your delivery and I was able to follow along without panicking or being discouraged. Thank you so much.” - Louise Fabrykiewcz, Save Ocean Beach
“Thank you for doing the work to provide this morning’s Social Media Workshop. Anne’s presentation and handouts came at just the right time for me as I was wondering how to bring social media into our planning process. I will be signing up for both sessions on October 12.” – Lou Allyn, Mystic River Historical Society