Non Profit Resource Center
Grant Database Training for January:
- January 12, 12:30- 1:30 pm (Grant Database Tutorial for Non Profits). Register at http://bit.ly/1uLVyFx
Grant Database Training for February:
- February 9, 12:30- 1:30 pm (Introduction to Grant Seeking for Individuals). Register at http://bit.ly/1r8n9AV
Or call us at 860-447-1411 to register .
How to Start A Nonprofit
Monday, January 26, 2015
9:00-9:30 AM Coffee and Registration 9:30-12:00 PM Program
Please call 860-447-1411 ext 3 or register at http://bit.ly/1GzgXpj
Ethics, Transparency and Accountability for Nonprofits
Tuesday, February 17, 2015
9:30-10:00 AM Coffee and Registration 10:00-12:00 PM Program
Scandals in the nonprofit sector make people worry that charitable donations will not be put to good use, and tarnish the image of the entire nonprofit community. More than ever, nonprofits must operate with integrity and must instill confidence in clients, funders, volunteers, watchdog groups and others. The issue of public trust in nonprofit organizations is crucial for our survival and sustainability. This seminar will discuss best practices in the areas of transparency, accountability and ethics, and how we can best operate our nonprofits in a trustworthy way.
Topics will include:
· Applicable state and federal rules that promote accountability, including disclosure and reporting obligations
· Organizational policies, such as conflict of interests and whistleblower policies, that foster accountability
· The role of the board
· Other recommended practices to foster an environment of integrity
· Nonprofit oversight and watch-dog agencies
Priya Morganstern, Esq., Director, Hartford Program, Pro Bono Partnership
Please call 860-447-1411 ext 3 or register at http://bit.ly/1GziJqr
What Is the Center?
The Public Library of New London, in partnership with the Foundation Center, is pleased to be able to offer a Non Profit Resource Center to the hundreds of non profits in the area. We offer:
- Access to information on 100,000 grantmakers and 2.3 million grants through the Foundation Center Online Databases.
- A variety of non profit literature including periodicals and books on topics ranging from non profit management, to marketing, to social media, to finances, to grant writing and fundraising.
- Monthly workshops and networking events designed to help non profits better fulfill their mission.
“I just have to let you know how much I got from your presentation [Finding Funding Database Tutorial] last night. You were slow paced, clear and concise in your delivery and I was able to follow along without panicking or being discouraged. Thank you so much.” - Louise Fabrykiewcz, Save Ocean Beach
“Thank you for doing the work to provide this morning’s Social Media Workshop. Anne’s presentation and handouts came at just the right time for me as I was wondering how to bring social media into our planning process. I will be signing up for both sessions on October 12.” – Lou Allyn, Mystic River Historical Society