Non Profit Resource Center
What Is the Center?
The Public Library of New London, in partnership with the Foundation Center, is pleased to be able to offer a Non Profit Resource Center to the hundreds of non profits in the area. We offer:
- Access to information on 100,000 grantmakers and 2.3 million grants through the Foundation Center Online Databases.
- A variety of non profit literature including periodicals and books on topics ranging from non profit management, to marketing, to social media, to finances, to grant writing and fundraising.
- Monthly workshops and networking events designed to help non profits better fulfill their mission.
The Power Of “Inside Out” Storytelling!
Tuesday, September 23, 2014 10:00—12:00 PM
9:30-10:00 AM Coffee and registration
Did you know that Walt Disney used storytelling to sell his vision? And that he used storyboards to share his dreams? That he was an “inside out” thinker, connecting with people on an emotional level?
During this exciting two hour gathering we will use storyboarding (just like Disney did) to help transform your board, staff and other supporters into effective champions of your organization. You will learn how to engage your staff, board and others to authentically share their own stories to generate greater unrestricted revenue. You’ll leave with nuggets and tools that you can immediately implement, Change your story, change your destiny!
PRESENTER: Judith Green, Consultant and Revenue Development Coach and Capital Campaign Expert.
To register click http://bit.ly/1mPM7MS
Non Profit Resource Center Grant Database Trainings for August :
- August 19, 10:30- 11:30 am (Grant Database Tutorial for Non Profits). Register at http://bit.ly/1kgtMht
- August 26, 10:30- 11:30 am (Introduction to Grant Seeking for Individuals). Register at http://bit.ly/1mPHuSV
Non Profit Resource Center Grant Database Trainings for September :
- September 22, 12:30- 1:30 pm (Grant Database Tutorial for Non Profits). Register at http://bit.ly/UAUdlr
- September 30, 10:30- 11:30 am (Introduction to Grant Seeking for Individuals). Register at http://bit.ly/1piFDKJ
Non Profit Resource Center Grant Database Trainings for October :
- October 20, 12:30- 1:30 pm (Grant Database Tutorial for Non Profits). Register at http://bit.ly/1ur1K7d
- October 21, 10:30- 11:30 am (Introduction to Grant Seeking for Individuals). Register at http://bit.ly/1mPJ9bb
Call us at 860-447-1411 to register .
Non-Profit Resource Center Library:
“I just have to let you know how much I got from your presentation [Finding Funding Database Tutorial] last night. You were slow paced, clear and concise in your delivery and I was able to follow along without panicking or being discouraged. Thank you so much.” - Louise Fabrykiewcz, Save Ocean Beach
“Thank you for doing the work to provide this morning’s Social Media Workshop. Anne’s presentation and handouts came at just the right time for me as I was wondering how to bring social media into our planning process. I will be signing up for both sessions on October 12.” – Lou Allyn, Mystic River Historical Society