With the new Shoutbomb text messaging service you can use your mobile phone to:
- Send a text message to RENEW ITEMS.
- Receive text notices about AVAILABLE HOLDS, DUE DATES, OVERDUE ITEMS and FINES.
HOW TO SIGNUP (standard texting rates apply):
- Text the word SIGNUP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will receive a reply asking for your library card number.
- Text your library card number (under the barcode).
- You will receive a confirmation text.
You may opt in to receive library news alerts.
Here are the code you can use to sign up:
- ADDCARD – Add new card(s) (i.e. spouse, children) to the same phone
- ALL – Request to renew all eligible items, including overdue materials
- DROPCARD – Remove cards from phone
- IOWEU – Request amount of current fines owed.
- ISBN – Text the letters ISBN and a 10- or 13-digit ISBN number to search the library catalog
- MYBOOKS – Request a list of all current checkouts
- MYCARDS – View your registered card number(s) and expiration date(s) of the account(s)
- OA – Request to renew all overdue items
- QUIT – Discontinue the text messaging service
- RA – Request to renew all eligible items (not overdue materials)
- RL – Request for list of eligible items (not overdue materials) to choose to renew
- NLKIDS – Register to receive alerts about services for children
- NLEARLYLIT– Register to receive tips on how to help children birth to 5 years old develop early literacy skills
- NLTEENS-Register to receive alerts about services for teens
- NLADULTS-Register to receive updates about services for adults
- NLNEWS – Register to receive important updates from the library
- NLCLOSINGS-Register to receive important updates from the library about emergency closings
Full list of commands available at: https://is.gd/SBhelp
The Library does not charge a fee. Standard text messaging rates apply. Please check with your carrier for details.